The horseshoe lake with 500 yards of bank contains mainly brown trout and some rainbows up to 7lbs. It is located in beautiful parkland surroundings and toilet facilities are available.
Season Dates: 1 April – 31 October 2015
Rates for 2015 Season: April 1st – 31st October
Ticket Types & Prices / Membership Details:
Day £40 (4 fish limit)
Half day £30 (2 fish limit)
C & R only – 10% discount (April & May only)
£650 (1 day per week = 30 weeks, 4 fish limit per week + guest days)
Rods (April 1st – June 30th = 15 weeks) available for £400
4 rods per day limit
Ask about discount for 3-4 rods per day
- The Lake is stocked mainly with Brown Trout. Depending on catch rates we will stock further fish during the season (mainly rainbows in the warmer weather as they are more resistant to temperature shock).
- Day ticket and season ticket holders will be limited to 4 rods fishing at once except on the Open days indicated below. Godalming Angling Society members will be invited on a day ticket basis at a discount to the ‘open’ rate and the Society will manage these bookings (Mrs T K Richardson 01483 423625 ring only between 2pm & 6pm).
- The fishery will be open from 1st April to 31st October inclusive.
- Whilst we will not insist on returning all brown trout caught, we will encourage the use of barbless hooks and soft nets – which would also reduce the risks of disease transfer – and disgorgers for those who wish to return fish.
- We will encourage a series of ‘learning days’ for young or new anglers and some ‘Open Days’ in conjunction with GAS.
- Children under 12 may fish free (with a 2 fish limit) when accompanied by a paying adult (1 child per paying rod) at any time and would normally be additional to the 4 rod limit.
- The day ticket rate will be £40 with a maximum of 4 fish. The season rate (one day per week during the season [30 weeks] with a 4 fish limit per week) will be £650. The season ticket will allow holders to bring a guest rod on 2 occasions free (4 fish limit for guests) and book day-tickets for guests at a 25% discount. ‘Half-season rods’ may be available. Half-day tickets (2 fish limit) at £30 per rod may be available by prior arrangement. C & R is available at 10% discount in April & May only. Discounts may be available for bookings of 3 or 4 rods per day.
- Payment for day tickets must be made to the Reception Office at Birtley House prior to commencing fishing on each occasion and a photocopy of the appropriate fishing licence supplied on the first visit of the season.
- Day ticket holders may fish between 8am and 8pm (8am – 2pm or 2pm – 8pm for ½ day tickets). Season ticket holders may fish between 7am and 10pm or ½ hour after sunset whichever is the earlier.
- If more than 50% of the Lake becomes unfishable due to weed growth in very hot weather, fishing will be suspended and 1/30th of the season ticket holders’ fees will be refunded for each week that it is closed, by way of a voucher for day tickets redeemable at any time in the current or following season.
- Fishing will only be permitted in accordance with the Rules of the Fishery which will be available from the Reception Office at Birtley House. Anyone found fishing in breach of the Rules will be asked to stop fishing immediately and may be asked for a financial guarantee before returning to the water.
- All fish returned must be weighed and a return completed in the catch record book (held at the office). Please ask at the Reception Office for information on facilities.